My #SoxBloggersBootcamp Experience

Last Saturday, November 11, 2017, I got the chance to be one of the #chosen35 official participants who attended the #SoxBloggersBootcamp. Say whuuuut?! 💁 Is this the road to becoming a legit blogger? Haha! All thanks to my high school teacher, Sir Ariel Lalisan, for inviting me, and to Sir Avel Manansala and the rest of the SoCCSKSarGen (SOX) Bloggers, I had the opportunity to join in this event. Happy kiddo 💖


When I received the confirmation email, I shrieked out of excitement. I have been to a few events (map ups, GDayX, etc) by GBG GenSan, but this one’s the first time that I got to attend to an event by the SoxBloggers😍 However, the night before the event, I got butterflies in my stomach and was kinda hesistant to go because I didn’t have any close friends to go with and talk to. /hashtag-not-a-strong-independent-human-being/

On the afternoon of the event (thanks to Belle for accompanying me to the venue 😂), I arrived at the Anchor Hotel still kinda uneasy. LOL. Upon entering the building, I was intimidated by a group of people by the registration area. They looked like legit bloggers and vloggers with their cameras, vlogging, while there I was standing anxiously, fresh from a carolling event (hello PICE GenSan), thinking, “Tama ba ‘tong pinasok ko? Parang I don’t belong here. Haha.” Thankfully, I met ate Kim (an HS schoolmate) and her friend, who made me feel kinda at ease before the start of the event. Thank you guys! 😂

When we arrived at the function hall, I was once again kinda uneasy, hoping that I wouldn’t get called by the host to speak in front (haha), while still trying to compose in my mind what I was gonna say, you know, just in case. A few moments later, the bootcamp and talks officially began.

© Sox Bloggers

Sir Avel Manansala of GenSan News Online Mag, Sox Bloggers head and GBG GenSan manager, started with a brief story on how the Sox Bloggers started. He then gave a brief lecture on the basics of blogging. After Sir Avel was Sir Ariel Lalisan of Living in the South who talked about the basics of writing. It was followed by a lecture on photography with PETMALU tips by Ms. Van Almeria of The Walking Eyes. The last session was about vlogging by Mr. Fra Jamir of Takaw Travels.

The other members of the Sox Bloggers, Ms Chiclet of Chix and Tell, Ms Kyrie of Kyrie Moon, Ms Joyce of Bits of Joyce, and the couple behind gamingph.com, to name a few, also got to shout out their blogs in between talks.

Aside from the talks and lectures, there were also some raffle drawn and believe it or not, it seemed as though luck was on my side that day. Hahaha. I won 3 cans of Dole pineapple juice #DolefilCares, a Vivo fan, free massage from Atman Urban Day Spa, and free hair treatment courtesy of Envy Me Salon & Spa. Thank you, Sox Bloggers (and sponsors)! 😄

After the bootcamp, we headed to SM City GenSan to witness their grand Disney Christmas launch.

Although I wasn't able to take much photos, all in all, it was an awesome experience. I learned a lot while at the same time having fun. Time to level up my blogging and vlogging and apply the insights that I learned. It was a privilege to be able to learn from the award-winning bloggers and influential online content providers of SoCCSkSarGen. 😄


#SoxBloggersBootcamp is an event partnered with Dole Philippines, Inc. to kick off the 10th anniversary celebration of the SoCCSkSarGen Bloggers this January 2018. #SoxBloggersDekada #DolefilCares #LikeNeverBefore

HERE'S A VIDEO OF THE #SoxBloggersBootcamp:




Comments

Popular Posts