Where our 300php Took Us (fare + entrance fee + meals!!!)

Last Friday, June 9 2017, my friends and I had an uber spontaneous trip to Tupi, South Cotabato. I woke up to a lot of text messages telling me to awake from my slumber (and rise from my sleep, LOL) as we were off to an adventure.


The 8 of us. From L-R: Rowell, Babes, Lyca, Me, Hannah, Yani, Kassandra, Dominic

I arrived at our meeting place (Bulaong Terminal) at around 10 am. Luckily, I wasn’t the last one from the group to arrive. I didn’t have to bring with me some extra baggage a.k.a. guilt for causing delay to our trip. Haha! I was actually kinda thrilled because it's my first legit trip with some friends, and I only asked permission when we were about to leave. Uhm, well at least I asked permission, right? Heheee

We boarded the bus at around 10:15, and a few minutes later, we were off to Tupi. The bus had to make a quick stop at Polomolok Transport Terminal to drop off some passengers, and to pick up new ones. By 11:07am, less than an hour since we left General Santos City, we were already at Tupi Transport Terminal. We paid 47 pesos for the bus ride since we’re students. Regular fare costs 50 pesos.

Since it was almost noon, we decided to fill our empty stomachs and take our lunch first before heading to the famous sunflower field. We dined at Tambilawan Kamayan Restaurant, just a few meters (walking distance) from the terminal. It wasn’t pretty much what I expected. It looked different compared to the Tambilawan we have in GenSan. So, yeah. We decided to order one-half garlic chicken instead of having individual meals, so as to lessen the cost, #TipidTips (we were 8 in our group). I only spent 38 pesos for this meal (18 - chicken, 10 - rice, 10 - iced tea).


Otw to Blooming Petals, Inc.. Tricycle ride, starring Hannah. All 8 of us were actually in that 1 tricycle! LOL.

By 12 noon, we rode a tricycle and less than 10 minutes later, we arrived at Blooming Petals,Inc. (Check out my previous post: Spontaneous Trip to Tupi's Sunflower Field- How to Get There). The tricycle ride costs 20 pesos each, btw. When we went there, there weren’t as much people as they’ve been having recently. Maybe because it was a weekday. Okay, moving on… We paid for our entrance fees (30 pesos for adults, 20 pesos for kids), and started roaming around the area, taking lots of photos with the blooming aesthetic sunflowers. We also checked out other areas of the park. They have other varieties of flowers, plants, and they even have vegetables. You may also buy products at their pasalubong area, just beside the reception. We only stayed there for more than hour, less than two hours.

We then decided to take a break and eat at Kouziena 9505 before going home. We rode a trike that cost us another 20 pesos each. Kouziena 9505 is a restaurant located along the National Highway that offers various pasta dishes, and refreshing drinks. As for me, I had spaghetti for 50 pesos, and blue lemonade for 35 pesos. I must say that the spaghetti actually tastes good, plus it comes with toasted bread. You should try it.


Awkward group picture. LOL. Photo taken by Babes.

Kouziena 9505's spaghetti and blue lemonade

After the satisfying meal, we had another tricycle ride from Kouziena 9505 to Tupi Transport Terminal. The driver asked us to pay 10 pesos each, but our friends in the other trike were only asked to pay 8 pesos each. When we arrived at the terminal, there wasn’t a single bus, only a transport van. At first, we were hesitant, thinking that fare would cost us more. Luckily, the conductor (or whatever you call that guy) told us that we’d only have to pay 40 pesos. Who are we to say no to the opportunity to be able to save some money, right? So, by 2:42 pm, we were bound for GenSan.

I arrived in Gaisano Mall of GenSan at 3:46pm, after more than an hour of traveling. It was actually faster compared to the bus ride despite stopping by the checkpoint (before entering the city) for a few minutes for individual inspection.

To wrap things up, I present to you my summary of expenses for this trip.


Where my 300 pesos took me, you ask? To Tupi, South Cotabato, I say.

YOU MIGHT WANNA CHECK OUT:

Comments

Popular Posts