Trying Vegan Food for the First Time (ft ELPI Vegan Resto)

Almost everyone who knows me, or at least those who are close to me, know for a fact that I DO NOT eat anything that has something to do with vegetables (well, maybe except takuyaki and KFC’s zinger sandwich with lettuce mehehe). I am a meat-eater (meatatarian? Haha!). And, I also admit that I am a picky eater, a very picky one, I should say. Hehe. So, yesterday, 23 June 2017, I had my FIRST EVER vegan (no meat, no dairy, pure plant-based) meal.

Elpi Vegan Resto, the first of its kind in General Santos City

Due to the security situation and threats here in Mindanao, I haven’t been on another trip yet, so I decided to just go on another food adventure.

After a long day in school and a few minutes in the mall to pay bills and buy some stuff (adulting LOL jk), my mudra and I went to visit the newly opened (well, they opened a few days ago) vegan restaurant in GenSan.

Behold, this food adventure's sponsor, mudra! Haha

When we got inside of the resto, the first thing I said was “Hmm, amoy gulay.” The interiors and ambiance of the resto is really healthy (yes, you can really say that it’s a healthy place for healthy people haha) and green (because plants and vegies #GoGreen). We tried their UNPORK TOCINO (meal set, 99php) and VEGAN “BIF” BBQ (meal set, 99php), which are both known for their taste that’s pretty similar to that of meat. We also ordered VEGAN PINAKBET (solo, 75php), and CALAMANSI JUICE (25php)

Unpork Tocino, Vegan "BIF" BBQ, Vegan Pinakbet

Vegan Pinakbet (solo, 75php)

We only paid a total of 323php. Hehe

I first took a bite of the “unpork” tocino. Later on, I decided to trade meals with mudra, and so I had the vegan “bif” barbecue. Tbh, I liked the barbecue better. Hehe. I did not try the vegan pinakbet because it’s just “too vegie” (sorry hehe), and I’m not really a fan of vegies. Anyway, both the tocino and BBQ are actually good. Of course, you cannot expect those two to taste like real animal meat, because again, they were made from plant-based ingredients, no animal killed in the process. Hehe.
All in all, the experience was good. For those who love eating vegetables, those who eat vegies, those who wanna try and taste something new, those who wanna experience vegan food, go check out Elpi Vegan Restaurant. Aside from the ones we had, they also offer other delicious and healthy meals.

THE MENU. It was a struggle to take a better photo, but I guess this will do. Lol.

Owned by an ‘entrepre-nurse’, Elpi Vegan Resto is the first of its kind in General Santos City. Located at Camachili Street (at the back of Hotel San Marco), it boasts of its affordable meals that are pure plant-based, meaning no meat, no dairy, no animal by-products.

Elpi Vegan Resto is open for lunch (11:30am-2:30pm) and dinner (5:30pm-9:30pm) on weekdays. For the meantime, on their first month of operations, they are closed on weekends. They don’t have a Facebook page yet as of this posting, but for more information, you may visit/check the owner’s Facebook account.

YOU ALSO MIGHT WANNA CHECK OUT:

Comments

Popular Posts